1. Thanks for all of the excellent gamer ideas from last week’s ToT post. Ephraim and I had no idea there was a secret world 9 on Super Mario Bros. and now we’re pumped!
2. I’ve long followed the Honest Toddler on Twitter but have only recently started clicking over to the accompanying blog. And the link to the toddler’s public service announcement regarding New Year’s Eve? I die.
3. Another new obsession: Humans of New York. I spent half of our drive down to the beach relaying these gems to Brent.
4. Random thought: I’ll be teaching a little photography workshop at my church in a couple of weeks to help some of our members learn to take better pictures of their own lives/families. And you are totally invited! It’s on February 16th at 4:00 at Faith Presbyterian here in Huntsville. Nothing major…just fun and informational. Join us. =)
5. You all may realize that I have a slight obsession with words. In particular, I can’t stop naming things. The Pi’bears. B-Ro. The Cottage. The Cottage Loft. Clean Color. Words have power, y’all. I name all the things I love. So when we were down sprucing up the beach house this past weekend we named her: The BEE’S hive. BEES = BrentErinEphraimSarah. If you decide we can’t be friends anymore because the cheese is too deep up in here I totally understand.
6. Last week I was trying to explain to my kids the difference between teasing someone to be mean and teasing them with love. It’s a hard balance but an important lesson…someone’s got to prepare them for middle school, amen? Anyway, a few days later I was ribbing Sarah about something and she replied stone-faced with, “are you teasing me with love again?”. Hee.
7. Side note: When I was a middle schooler Brent spent a lot of time trying to tease me with love. And I totally didn’t get it. I thought he was seriously making fun of me so I was a total brat to him. True story.
8. Brent and Tory made this platform bed for the beach house this weekend and it is SO cool. Such little waste and a relatively easy project (says the girl who didn’t do anything but plant the idea).
9. And pretty soon it’s getting a decked out headboard to go with it.
10. And finally…ECP will roll out a shiny new promo video tomorrow.
I’d love if you’d be the first to check it out!