1. Here in Alabama we have three days left of school. THREE.
2. Today was Beach Day which entails our entire school frolicking in water slides and mud.
3. You know when the absolute worst time is to have a staph infection cut out of your lower leg? Beach day. Hello water, mud, filthy children and lots of bandages and prayer. And antibiotics.
4. I have no idea how I picked up a staph infection. However, I found it on Saturday so I’m going on record saying it was directly related to the fact that I cut grass the previous day. I probably haven’t cut the grass in a decade but Brent was out of town last week and I was trying to be helpful. Know what else would be helpful? Not losing my right leg. (I kid…all is well. I’m just prone to hyperbole. #shocker)
5. I have stopped and started the first Harry Potter no less than three times with Sarah. Try as I might she’s just not interested. But yesterday I started reading it to Ephraim and that kid is HOOKED. I read two more chapters than I planned to tonight simply because I couldn’t say no to the look of thrilled pleading that only a good story can bring out in a kid.
6. Harry Potter was a good compromise after I read the first two chapters of Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief to him last week. He loved it…and by loved it I mean loved to be terrified by it. After he stopped going into his room alone in the middle of the day I knew I had tried that particular story a bit too soon.
7. Things I’m looking forward to most about Summer: pool time, lax bedtime rules, NOT MAKING LUNCHES. Amen?
8. Sarah and Ephraim both wrote me letters for Mother’s Day. Ephraim’s was short and sweet: I love you Mom. I love you when you are mad, sad and I love you still when you are happy. (Swoon). Sarah’s was lengthy and gushing but my favorite lines came at the end: You are the best mom in the history of the world! So who cares if we can’t watch Disney Channel? Who cares if we can’t have pop tarts for breakfast? (I hardly like both of those!) You are awesome, and don’t let anyone tell you you’re not.
9. I’m going to Pure Barre in the morning which reminds me of this amazingness I read last month. If you’ve ever been to a barre class, enjoy.
Email me to schedule yours. =) (erin at erincobb dot com)