1. Busy season continues to keep me hopping but if I squint really hard I can see the light. Both days of minisessions are behind me and only a couple handfuls of full sessions are left. Editing may claim a finger or two but I’ll definitely make it!
2. Brent has spent the last several weeks researching flooring options for the beach house. Does anyone have a light colored non-wood (but woodesque) flooring they really love and want to share about? I’m all ears!
3. An interesting conversation happened in my house last week involving one family member admonishing another family member with “don’t kick me in the balls!”. It should be noted that the admonisher neither has “balls” or, apparently, knows what they are. Clarifications were made and based on the look of utter horror I saw in response, I’m confident the confusion won’t happen again.
4. Life is never dull around growing children, is it? Got any funny ones lately?
5. On Saturday after photographing 20 families I picked up Sarah and a couple of her closest friends for a night on the town to celebrate the big 0-8. As exhausted as I was I loved every minute with those crazy girls. Pictures of our epic Melting Pot/Ulta/Westin experience to come. SO.FUN.
6. During our night out a conversation started about Sarah’s broken leg at one year old. I knew it happened right after her first birthday and after Halloween so I told the girls that it might have even been seven years ago that very night (the 2nd). But after coming back to the ol’ blog (the trusty keeper of all my memories) I have confirmed that it actually happened seven years ago TODAY – November 5th. So happy broken leg day everyone!
7. Go ahead and mark your calendars for a two year celebration of the broken clavicle while you’re at it. It’s fast approaching in early February. In fact, I think Hobby Lobby may already have the corresponding decorations for that holiday at 50% off.
8. Ephraim just snuck out of bed one last time to tell me he loves me “to infinity and back.” That child has a knack for pushing me to the edge of insanity and then offering me a lifeline in the form of a perfectly precious five year old snuggle. I’m hopeless.
9. Confession: I’ve been working on my 2008 blog book for a year now. Ugh. I want these to be updated SO badly but I just can’t find the mojo.
10. I’ve been waiting the kids out for the last 30 minutes, making sure they’re sound asleep. Now that they are…I’m popping popcorn! (Can’t risk the smell in a little house.) So on that note, I’m out! Happy Tuesday y’all.
Share on Facebook