1. Excuse me while I blow the dust off these ToT keys…
2. This weekend the six girls from my running group drove down to the coast for the Seaside Half Marathon. We stayed at our beach house (post to come) and had an absolute blast. It was my 9th half marathon and #10 will happen next month in Lynchburg. After five years of serious running I think I’m finally ready to think about a full 26.2. I’d love to hear your thoughts if you have resources/training plans/regimens you think I need to know about.
3. This morning my dog Tigger Facetimed with Samantha’s new puppy, Coco. Whoever said long distance relationships are for the dogs was totally right. As much as it stinks having a bestie in Boston, I still probably wouldn’t trade her.*
4. * I technically have to say that since it’s her birthday in 8 days.
5. This weekend there was some serious discussion about karaoke songs, in preparation for our annual backyard Summer shindig that never disappoints in the live (bad) music department. We made a mental list of best karaoke songs which, of course, included Total Eclipse of the Heart. And so I had to show them this:
6. The kiddos have been helping out with making lunches on mornings that they have extra time. Tomorrow I think they’ll be happy to find one of their weird but delicious favorites in the fridge: rice balls. These are total throwbacks to my own childhood when my Mom used to make them as an after dinner treat for my sister and me. If you have extra rice on the stove they’re super simple to make. Just scoop a handful of rice and squeeze it back and forth in your hands until it forms a ball. Then roll tightly and call it done.
7. And yes, that Pyrex is a total throwback to my childhood too. My mom can find anything at a Goodwill and vintage colorful Pyrex is no exception. She keeps me well outfitted in glassware of every shape, size and era.
8.Speaking of every shape, size and era – I bought two bathing suits on a whim this weekend when we stepped into a store to buy last minute warm running gear. (Turns out the weather for our beach race wasn’t so beachy.) Thank goodness I nabbed those babies just in time for the ice storm that’s heading our way. *sigh*
9. I got bangs a couple of months ago and the “you look like Jennifer Garner” comments have stepped up exponentially. Last week at Costco when the cashier asked if anyone ever tells me that I look like JG Sarah jumped in before I could answer and said, “YES. All the time.” Truth.
10. Have a great week friends!