1. There’s nothing I can say about Newtown that adequately sums up my broken heart right now. I told Brent yesterday that I just don’t think my heart was made for a world like this. And this morning it dawned on me how true that statement is, for all of us. None of our hearts were made for a world like this. We were not created for this. I believe down to the core of my being that God is good, and that we were created in God’s image. This broken world is not our home. Which leaves me with two thoughts: one, thank God. But two, we have to do the best we can with this mess we have. Heaven is here everyday…and so is hell. It’s up to us to decide which we will nurture. And friends, we were created for good. You were created for good.
2. Jen Hatmaker’s Lamentations blog post pretty much sums up the state of my heart today.
3. This weekend my spirit was lifted for a moment by Buzzfeed’s list of 26 Things That Restored Our Faith in Humanity This Year. I hope yours will be too.
4. Today I read about the National PTA’s plan to welcome the children and teachers of Sandy Hook back to school (in their new building) with a physical reminder of the love the country holds for them. Find out more here about how to take part in their Winter Wonderland project.
5. I had other things planned to share today but I just don’t have it in me. I feel quiet and tender. And I imagine your mind is on overload right now too. So I’ll end early and be back soon with more family stories. In the meantime, thank you stopping by today. This so often feels like a safe space for me. I hope in some tiny way it is for you too.