1. Have I mentioned that Sarah wants crutches for Christmas? I think she’s channeling her Pegleg Pi’bears days.
2.We celebrated Christmas at my mom and stepdad’s house this past weekend. They gave the children a variety of presents but ended by gifting each of them one of my cabbage kids from when I was a child. I’m not exaggerating when I say that Ephraim lost.his.mind. As soon as he unzipped the case he screamed (delightfully) “How did you know I wanted bitty baby twins?!” No matter that they weren’t bitty baby twins – he was overjoyed. I seriously don’t think I’ve ever seen him react to a gift like that before. It still makes me tear up thinking about it. And how he lovingly changed the diaper and clothing nonstop over the next 24 hours…gah. I have to stop or I’ll be a puddle. I love that boy.
3. He sure is going to make his wife and his girlfriend very happy ladies one day.
4. Jagger is over right now, celebrating his 5th birthday with us. How in the world did these babies turn into full-fledge boys?
5. Speaking of babies, I got to see two – count ’em! – two newborns today. First I visited Ginger in the hospital with her sweet new baby Gus, and then I picked Lacy and cutie baby Arden up to hang out at the Cottage for the morning. What a lucky baby-lover I am!
6. I hosted bunco at the Cottage last night and made Heavenly Chipped Chocolate and Hazelnut Cheesecake. I also won $60. I’d say it was a good night!
7. Elf on the Shelf. I just can’t get behind it. No judgement here…I just find myself wanting to pare down, not add, during the holidays. You? It was a heated discussion at the bunco table last night…
8. Brent I accidentally got sucked into Homeland this weekend. Now we have the first season DVD and a desperate need to know whether Nicholas Brody has indeed been “turned”. I could totally do without the totally bizarro bedroom scenes (why must you do that, Showtime?) but other than that, I’m hooked.
9. There are few things I love more than Christmas cards.
10. Oh my goodness, this video is pee your pants funny. Don’t click of language offends you. Or if you’re particularly attached to Nickelback tunes.