1. Craigslist came through for me again, y’all. We added a like-new leather Ethan Allen sofa to our family room last night and I’m.in.love. You may have to wade through a whole bunch of trash on that site but I promise if you’re persistent you’ll find a treasure in there eventually!
2. It may be 70 degrees outside but our tree is up, our lights are strung and are hearts are 100% in Christmas mode. Brent sent me a link to this fabulous Advent devotional series which (along with a cup of earl grey tea) has been warming my Cottage mornings every day this week. It’s one of the coolest interactive sites I’ve seen…you should totally check it out.
3. This weekend I was helping Sarah change in her room and I said our usual “skin a rabbit” line as a I tugged her shirt off. With the most serious face I think I’ve ever seen on my daughter she looked at me and said, “Mom, RaeRae gets really nervous when you say ‘skin a rabbit’”. And then I looked at the 8 inch tall bunny lovey perched on her pillow and my uncontrollable giggles started.
4. Speaking of uncontrollable giggles, I inquired last week about Ephraim’s pre-K girlfriend. He’s been talking about her all year so I thought I’d ask how she was. He responded with, “MOM…she is NOT my girlfriend…she’s my WIFE.” And then he told me the name of his girlfriend. Turns out he has both. Sister wives anyone?
5. My Twitter feed is lit up right now with news of Auburn’s new head coach. I like the move but Brent says he would have preferred the “sure-fire 10-win season dirt bag”. Guesses as to who that was?
6. I’m hanging out answering questions on Karen Russell’s class photo forum, which is one of the perks of signing up for her Photographer’s Workshop. Not sure when hanging out with me became a perk but, okay! Registration is open now for her 2013 online workshops. Check it out!
7. SO excited to be heading to Atlanta in January for Imaging USA. As always, I can easily be persuaded to take a session or two while I’m there if anyone in the area is interested. Just shoot me an email and I’ll send you details…erin(at)erincobb(dot)com.
8. Last night I made Roasted Chicken and Artichoke Calzones for my sweet friends Lacy and Graham who have just brought home their first baby – Arden. I felt very clever when I crossed out “artichokes” on the recipe and wrote “Ardenchokes”. Sometimes I miss teaching kindergarten. My amazing sense of humor was well-suited for that age group.
9. By the way, if we are friends and you have a baby you will probably get those calzones. Because one, they’re good. Two, they’re easy to heat. And three, you can only eat so many casseroles. Amen?
10. I’m pretty excited about this one guys so I saved it for last…after hearing lots and lots of “will you ever host a workshop”, I’ve decided to do the next best thing…guest host at one! I’m teaming up with Amanda Padgett of Everyday Elements in March for her Prime Workshop and I can’t wait! The plan right now is for me to cover a mix of advanced shooting, Photoshop editing, and business marketing. All three of my loves. Hooray! Check out the site and get signed up…would love to see you there. =)