1. I saw a picture on Facebook today that said “October is to photographers what April is to accountants.” I couldn’t agree more. However, I’m proud to say that I’m still holding fast to my vow not to work at night. I’m even surprising myself!
2. I had 21 minisessions at the Cottage on Saturday. There’s not a word strong enough for the exhaustion felt after a day like that!
3. Sarah has decided to be Dorothy this Halloween. Ephraim’s dream of being Cheetah Boy has been dashed by the reality that “Cheetah Boy” only exists in the mind of Ephraim Cobb. So now he’s set on being Dash from the Incredibles but after last year’s last minute switcheroo I won’t be purchasing a costume for him until the 11th hour.
4. I loved this article circulating the web this week about manners on the internet. Particularly the point that Pinterest doesn’t make things. It’s most definitely worth a read.
5. Brent and I are about to head out for a rousing evening of debate watching. As happy as I’ll be to see this election season behind us, I’ll admit to loving being part of the democratic process. Go ahead, call me Pollyanna.
6. My in-laws are here for a quick visit tonight. They adore their grandchildren and spoil us all to no end. I can’t say enough what a blessing they are in my life.
7. Lately Sarah and Ephraim have been wanting me to sing them old hymns as they fall asleep. This has happened for either of them since they were babies. Our church service is rather contemporary so our children are growing up with modern praise songs rather than the old songs of the church. I don’t fancy myself a traditionalist so I’m okay with this, but I can’t imagine the words of Amazing Grace or the Old Rugged Cross or How Great Thou Art being foreign to them. Which is why I’m more than happy to oblige them with a nightly concert/sing-a-long.
8. As an added bonus, the final verse of Amazing Grace rings in my ears now each morning. Since it’s my favorite, this works out nicely.
When we’ve been there ten thousand years
bright shining as the sun
we’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
than when we first begun.
9. Random topic change: I found this awesome site today that visually depicts all the correct dimensions for pictures displayed on Facebook’s new timeline. Brilliant!
10. This is your weekly reminder that Clean Slate Designs has the best holiday card templates this year. You’re welcome. =)