1. Tonight is “open house” night at the kiddos’ school. It brings back such fond childhood memories of my own open house nights as a student. I loved walking my mom and dad through my classrooms. And being at school at night seemed like such a a treat! I think I may be looking forward to this even more than my children are!
2. Last week was the annual Fall Fun Run for kids (flashback to last year’s fun run trauma/victory here), followed by a soccer game for Ephraim. B-Ro was so tuckered out by the fourth quarter that he stopped mid-game, headed straight for the sidelines, and when his coach asked what he was doing he shouted, “I just wanna snuggle with my mommy!”. I think I’ll keep that guy.
3. Speaking of guys I’ll keep, my husband took both of our kids camping this weekend and guess what I did? I stayed home to spend Saturday shopping, watching football, making/eating rice krispie treats, ordering sushi and working on a few projects. All.by.myself. Selfish? Maybe. Blissful? Definitely. I think the rest of my fam had fun too!
4. Spending the night at home alone always has me on edge just a tad. It didn’t help in the middle of the night Saturday night when one of Ephraim’s toys decided to go off spontaneously at 1:45 a.m. screaming, “I’M FLIP! THE BOUNCEBACK RACER!!!” in loud, creepy toy voice. It took me a good half hour (and a stroll through the CraigsList furniture section) to get calmed back down after that!
5. Speaking of CraigsList, you know you’re a regular when you recognize posts made by actual friends of yours because you can spot their tone anywhere. And as it happens I’m actually very interested in seeing what she has for sale, so I set up a meeting. =) I’m an addict.
6. I’m ashamed to admit this but I’m not on the “cloud”. Can someone please help me out? Is there a great tutorial somewhere for how to get all my Apple devices synced and backed up? I feel like technology has passed me by when it comes to all the bells and whistles on my i-(phone/mac/pad/pod).
7. I’m super honored to be joining alongside some of my favorite fellow documentarians (ahem, Karen Russell) as a contributor to Studio Calico’s 1000 Words: Capture More class. It’s going to be an awesome collaborative effort from a variety of fabulous photographers…be sure to check it out! I’ll be sharing a bit about capturing everyday routines. Registration closes on 9/30 and the class starts on 10/1. Hope to “see” you there!
8. My girlfriends who get together every week to watch the latest trash in the Bachelor franchise is missing each other now that BPad is over. Suggestions for filler trash in the meantime?
9. Sarah just made pictures for her gym teachers because she came home saying that even though the kids are loud and don’t listen during P.E. she knows that the gym teachers work really hard to make the class fun for the kids and she wants to thank them. Where did I get this girl???
10. Did you hear the news yesterday? The Clean Slate Designs store is up and running…get your holiday card templates while they’re hot!