1. Okay people. This girl leaves for NYC tomorrow at 4:30 a.m. And my life motto is in full effect: “if you wait ’til the last minute, it only takes a minute.”
2. I wish I were kidding. Meghan and Heather are sitting here offering to pack my clothes for me. And I just may take them up on it.
3. Although I’m not sure I should trust the fashion advice of a girl who googled “what to wear to Wicked” earlier today. But for the record, I also just googled it and it was surprisingly helpful. So maybe I actually should trust her fashion advice.
4. My sister, mom, aunt and I gave my Grama an iPad for Mother’s Day and she is rocking that thing! At 80 years old she has started sending me long emails on a regular basis. I could kiss Steve Jobs for that! And just today on the phone I almost fell out of my chair when she said, “Now that I’m on the internet so much, I was thinking…I should start a blog. I could write stories about my life and growing up.” AH! She swears no one would want to read it but can you help me convince her otherwise? Please leave a comment here encouraging my Grama to start a blog! And yes, she’s an avid Pigbear reader!
5. When we got home from the pool today my sister looked out the window and noticed it was raining while sunny outside. I told her the Southern expression for that is “the devil’s beating his wife.” Have you heard that before? I had to take it to google to make sure I hadn’t just made it up. Turns out I hadn’t!
6. With all this blabber on both sides about Chick-fil-a (which Brent has dubbed “chick-fatigue”) I decided today would be a mighty fine day to change the conversation. Let’s talk about Wendy’s instead, shall we? Did you know that the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption funds a program called “Wendy’s Wonderful Kids” that aims to help the longest-waiting children in foster care, get adopted? It does. And it’s wonderful.
7. And since you’re probably already crying, here’s another story that will stir your heart.
8. My experience photography children with Heart Gallery of Alabama was profound last week. I’m still trying to wrap my brain and heart around it all but I know my experience (now and in the future) will change me. And that’s a good thing.
9. Have you fostered children or adopted foster children? Blessing and blessings and blessings on you.
10. On that note, I’m out! This girl’s got some packing to do! =)