1. It’s not technically Tuesday but in my heart everyday is Tuesday.
2. Since it’s not technically Tuesday you might have gathered that I didn’t get the Internet back up and running last night. Gah.
3. We just returned home from a two week tour of my in-law’s river house, my dad’s house in SC, and our Isle of Palms reunion with the besties. And for the first time in only like forever I don’t feel totally stressed out about work upon my return home. The answer? Heather. She rocks my world and kept our business clicking right along the whole time I was gone. What a gift!
4. Speaking of a gift, Amy Shertzer has done it again. Check out this awesome shot of the Cobb-Clark-Shertzer clans…
5. And click on over to her blog to see a timeless shot of our kiddos.
6. I have so many pictures and stories to share and I feel so energized about blogging all of them. As soon as I get this internet/new computer (did I mentioned we’re 100% mac now?) ironed out I’ll be a posting fool!
7. If you’re local (and even if you’re not) you’re probably aware of my intense love for Lyn’s Gracious Goodness. It is hands-down my favorite restaurant in Huntsville and, lucky for me, it’s less than half a mile from the Cottage! LeeLee (Lyn’s daughter who now runs the shop) has become one of my dear friends and I’ve come to love each of their employees. A sign that I eat there too much? Nah.Anyway, during our heat wave a couple of weeks ago Lyn’s lost all of their cooling units and, subsequently, all of their food and wine inventory. They were shut down for a week while I was gone (coincidence? I think not) to get everything ironed out but they are officially back up and running and as delicious as ever! So be sure to stop in soon to grab a grilled pimento cheese, a brownie and a mint tea (all of my faves) this week. And hey, the Cottage is only a couple of blocks away. I won’t hold it against you if you bring me one too!
8. Last week while surfing the net at the beach I got addicted to the hair tutorials on The Small Things Blog. I might have gotten a couple of six year olds hooked too. Don’t judge. What good is vacay if not for spending time on the things you’d never spend time on at home?
9. Know what else I did on vacation? Started a book. It’s shameful how little I read these days. Besides a little Anne Lamott here and there (her short essays are easy to read in spurts) my book reading is at an all time low. But Amy let me borrow The 19th Wife and I got hooked!
10. I have a secret that I’m dying to share with you. Dying. I promise to be back as soon as I have the go ahead! =)