1. So. Anderson Cooper. His beautifully understated while still somewhat shocking (at least for me) coming out may just surpass his ridiculous 2008 election pie chart as my favorite Anderson Cooper moment.
2. Are there any armchair arborists in the house? Or real arborists for that matter? We have a beautiful maple tree in our front yard and I swear we will move if anything ever happens to it. But now the trunk is turning black and I’m worried it might be diseased. I really don’t want to move. Does anyone know a thing or two about maple trees?
3. I used to get my tail tied in knots quite regularly about people stealing images from my blog. It still irks me (like this one) but my perspective isn’t so panicky these days. But lately I’ve been alerted several times about a particular image of Sarah that keeps popping up on Pinterest and the like with “inspirational” messages scrawled across it. Besides being a little unnerving, it’s made even worse when the “inspirational” messages are lack luster. So if you stumble across one of these gems, please know it wasn’t created by me. I’d be much wittier. Or so I like to tell myself.
4. A couple of hours ago I stumbled across this incredibly gracious Clean Color review. Even 18 months after its release, such kind words still make me smile. If you have Clean Color, I hope you’ve enjoyed it as well.
6. As I type I’m hanging out in the living room of my in-laws home as all four cousins try to fall asleep in surrounding rooms. Except for almost-three year old Nate. Who in the last five minutes has said, “Ephraim called me a Chinese word”, “Mom, I can’t breathe”, and “I want to sleep on the floor.” He’s currently snuggled up on the couch with his ChaCha (Brent). Nevermind. That lasted long enough for me to type the sentence. Now he’s back on the floor at my feet. Oh how I love a three year old…especially when I’m not the one in charge of putting them to bed. =)
7. Ephraim was devastated I wouldn’t let him bring his “bowling arrow” to the beach with him. And I will be devastated when he realizes there’s actually no such thing as a bowling arrow.
8. Tomorrow I’m making Better Home and Garden’s Corn and Rice Salad for our 4th of July picnic. I know I’ve linked it up before but it’s good enough (and easy enough!) to link it again.
9. Nate update: thirsty and hungry. Raise your hand if you’ve had a three year old and you’re surprised by this.
10. Anyone out there going to BlogHer in New York this year?