1. Did anyone notice that I missed not one but TWO ToT posts in a row?
2. I can’t offer an excuse other than that I just didn’t feel up to it. It’s summer after all, right? No responsibilities, no cares. Or something.
3. The Cottage is coming along beautifully. There are a few finishing touches needed on the inside before I’m ready to take a few pictures. And the yard is completely destroyed right now but the landscapers are predicting it will be beautiful by next week. Here’s hoping! I’m so glad we’re getting those plants in the ground just in time for the 100+ temps we’re expecting next week…
4. Watching my Colorado friends status updates on Facebook this week has been terrifying. My prayers are with all of them (and you) who are facing the threat of fire. Please Lord, send rain.
5. Ephraim has been having a hard time being four lately so Brent took him on an extra special boys’ date tonight. They went to see our local minor league baseball team play and just walked back in the house beaming. Seeing those two walk in with their matching baseball hats and Ephraim with his little mitt in hand just about bowled me over.
6. I can see why it might be hard to be the B-Ro these days. In the last 12 months Sarah has started and ended kindergarten, lost her first tooth, learned to swim, learned to ride a bike, learned to read, placed in a fun run, had sleepovers and play dates and just a whole lot of general six year old fun. I think I’d pout a bit too if I were her little brother.
7. Yesterday we celebrated our neighbor Andy’s 16th birthday with a beautiful balloon release at his gravesite. I’m so proud of his parents (our neighbors), Billy and Donna, who honor his memory daily in the way they live their lives. They keep his spirit alive with their daily smiles, compassion, and zest for life, even while living every parent’s worst nightmare. They are such an inspiration to me and I love them.
8. Speaking of Donna, she’s been asking me for weeks when I was going to finally move my big ol’ computer to my Cottage office. I think she was getting tired of talking to the back of my head when she came over for evening visits. Well yesterday I finally pulled the plug and I’m officially a REGULAR PERSON! As in, I’m sitting here in my kitchen at my very non-office typing on my very non-work laptop, about to go watch some TV. Bring it on.
9. My in-laws are coming for a visit tomorrow and my Mom is coming on Thursday for a quick visit and then to take my kids for the weekend. What a happy daughter-in-law/daughter/mama I am right now!
10. And adding to the happiness is the fact that we’re now T-10 day from the 4th Annual Clarks-Cobbs-Shertzer reunion in Isle of Palms! Hello 168 hours of non-stop friend time. (And yes, I totally just had to do that math on a scratch pad. Since I have so much time on my hands now – see #8 – I thought, “why not?”).