1. Tonight I burned a pot of beans and posted about it on Facebook. My friend Kristi responded with this bit of awesome:
“You should probably just get Brent to cook the beans while you post Ten on Tuesday. Priorities. Really.”
2. Beverly Hills was a whirlwind weekend of fun and frolicking. Somehow we managed to vacation Amy Shertzer style (fast and furious) and Samantha Clark style (slow and easy). It was amazing. A few of our favorite stops included: Bouchon (for french macarons), The Ivy, Chaya Brasserie, and Sprinkles. And of course the Whole Foods within walking distance of our hotel which kept us well stocked in the beverage department. We stayed at the quirkiest little hotel off the beaten path (as if there is a beaten path in Beverly Hills!) – The Avalon. More details forthcoming.
3. We didn’t see a single celebrity in The Hills but Samantha and I did almost miss our flight out of LAX because we spotted a group of paparazzi who were clearly waiting for a celeb to arrive. Samantha stalked them as if they were the prey.
4. If you’re reading this on the actual site (and not a feed reader) then you might have noticed that my BlogHer ads are gone. To be honest, I found advertising with them to be a frustrating experience overall and wouldn’t recommend it for anyone with only a moderately popular blog. I pulled the ads this morning after considering it for a while. I’m happy to see my regular ol’ sidebar again!
5. After the near kitchen fire this evening (see #1) Brent came home and Ephraim told him excitedly, “Daddy! We smoked in the house!” Here’s hoping he doesn’t repeat that at school tomorrow.
6. Brent got our tickets for the fam’s Spring Break trip back to Cali. Seems I just can’t stay away! This time we’ll be spending a week with my sister, grandparents, and awesome Aunt Lori. Hooray!
7. I ran 5 miles this weekend with Amy at an average pace of 8:50. Why yes, yes I am pleased with myself. Meanwhile Amy didn’t break a sweat.
8. I’ve got something super fun in the works with ClickinMoms. It’s not quite ready to be announced yet but as soon as I can, I promise I will. 😉
9. I’ve also got something super fun in the works with the amazing Ms. Marla Laramie. Announcement coming soon!
10. Were any of you at WPPI this year? What did I miss? Is it worth skipping Imaging?