1. This 60 Minutes lover was so sad to hear about the passing of Andy Rooney. Do you know he worked on the show until just last month? At 92. Farewell Andy.
2. This week Amazon announced that Amazon Prime members can access their Kindle lending library and stream instant video of movies and tv shows. And you get free shipping on everything you buy. My love for Amazon just got a little more real.
3. Speaking of Amazon, they’re offering pre-order of my internet friend Katherine Willis Pershey’s new book (based loosely on her blog of the same name) Any Day a Beautiful Change: A Story of Faith and Family. I seriously can’t wait to read it. Although I’m holding out for a signed copy. Any ideas where I could pick up one of those?
4. Someone in our family circle is getting this color-your-own-cardboard-house in the near future. Sarah saw it sitting in our living room (still in the box) and has been pining for it ever since. It was on sale for $20 at CVS and today Sarah painstakingly counted out her money and asked if we could go get one. So we did. And I think she thanked me at least 12 times tonight for taking her.
5. After tucking her into bed tonight and reading The Most Thankful Thing (which is a super sweet story and worth the read with your little one), Sarah told me her most thankful thing was her cardboard box house. Then she glanced lovingly at the behemoth that now sits in the middle of her bedroom.
6. Ephraim turns 4 in less than two weeks. His party invitations arrived today and they may be my favorite of all time. I’ll share once they’ve all been delivered to the four corners of the earth.
7. I’ve been loving Natalie Grant’s “Held” lately. I can’t handle the video though so if you want to hear it, I would recommend listening without watching. (The dramatic looks are just too much for me.) But what a beautiful expression of the pain in the world and the hope for healing.
8. Christmas card designing is in full swing over here. Not our card of course, although Brent has suggested we take the picture this weekend. I’ll be shocked if we have it done by December 1st. December 15th seems to be more my style these days.
9. How long can one leave up Halloween decorations before looking just plain lazy? Please say three weeks.
10. I got the nicest email this week from someone who has purchased Clean Color. I hope you don’t mind if I share.
“I just completed (photoshop course – name removed)…I followed up my six hour boot camp by watching Clean Color which I bought several months ago. I am glad I went to the boot camp because I was able to mingle with other photographers (and sneak away from my 3 kiddos) but your video taught me more than the class. I love your explanation of work flow – something the class didn’t even touch on. I am sure I will be watching the video several more times but I look forward to trying some of the techniques I have already learned. Great Video!!! Thanks for all of the thought and care that went into it.”
I love to hear that! If you want to brush up on your photoshopping, think about Clean Color. =)