1. I’ve felt on the edge of tears all day today for no particular reason. Do you ever have days like that? There’s something going on in my head/heart that I can’t quite put my finger on and that’s an unsettling feeling.
2. Have you seen the 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters post that’s been circulating around this week? I was so moved by it. But even more so by the blog that inspired the piece – Life to Her Years. Hey Dads…(yeah, I know some of you are reading) you’re amazing.
3. What I can’t quite grasp or get behind though is Crockpot Girls. What’s the fascination ladies? I mean, I love a good crock pot recipe as well as the next busy mama but the format seems confusing and clunky.
4. Also confusing to me? The Missoni for Target mad dash. Great design, I agree, but sold out in one day? Wow.
5. One of my Aunt Lori’s childhood photographs was featured on Dear Photograph this week. If I knew how to grab a permalink from that site, I’d do it.
6. This morning I had my annual physical and check up (You are doing your annual physical and check up, right? Call today.) I walked a little taller when the doctor dismissed me with a smile and said, “you have the thinnest chart in the office.” I’m all about an ounce of prevention.
7. We came home on Sunday evening to a broken washing machine that wouldn’t drain and spin. After hand wringing an entire load of blankets and throws I knew an immediate fix was in order. So I called on trusty ol’ YouTube and my confidence in the power of being John Keith’s grandaughter . Those are a winning combination I tell you. Washing machine lid switch replacement? Check.
8. There is a serious baby boom going on in Huntsville right now. I’ve photographed four babies in two weeks and have another one scheduled for next week. Hmmm…I wonder what we were all doing last Christmas…
10. Just a few minutes ago my internet friend Karly hooked me up with this link. Now if that doesn’t motivate me to get back on the Photo A Day bandwagon I don’t know what will.
It’s worth the 8 minutes folks, I promise.