1. This week I inadvertently discovered the “final sale” section of Piper Lime. Whoa baby. Three pairs of $9.97 shoes later (plus some other goodies) and I’m a happy girl. I blame it on Project Runway and their darn “Piper Lime Accessories Wall”.
2. Three weeks into the school year and I’m already hitting a lunch rut with the kiddos. I really try to do as few PB+J’s as possible (and only one cafeteria lunch/week for Sarah) but it’s so hard. Anybody out there with some super great ideas? My kids are pretty well rounded eaters so this shouldn’t be that hard.
3. Speaking of eating, I came across this pretty nifty blog post about how much sugar your kids eat. Food for thought. Literally.
4. My favorite iPad app may well by the 60 Minutes app that I bought a while back. I like to set it up while I’m editing and watch all the stories about things I’m normally not interested in at all. Somehow 60 Minutes has a way of making even Wall Street and jazz music seem fascinating to me. The other night I watched a piece about baseball star Albert Pujols that literally had me in tears. At one point he talks about doing the work God has called him to…and he wasn’t talking about baseball. Love love love.
5. Currently my children are each playing in their own bedrooms while I blog in a music-filled house. Playing separately in their own rooms for an hour is their consequence for fighting. It kinda makes me appreciate all the squabbling. 😉
6. Heather and I met over lunch yesterday to plan all kinds of fun things for the Mom About Town series this year and next. Brainstorming with that girl is so much fun! She regularly makes me believe that together we can do anything. I hope each of you have someone like that in your life! If you’re local, don’t miss your chance to win $50 to The Purple Peanut this week…it’s a Huntsville fave!
7. Photographer Jen Cooke is currently holding an online auction for photographers that will benefit the famine in Somalia. The Clean Color Bundle bid is at $50 right now which y’all know is a heck of a steal! Check it out for a chance to win an awesome product and benefit a great cause.
8. Brent and I are booking our family’s tickets for Boston (October 6 -10) this week. Details about sessions there will go up tomorrow on the business blog. Just a heads up. =)
9. Also, fall minisession info will arrive in your inbox on September 1st if you’re subscribed to my Erin Cobb Photography newsletter. You can find the sign up in the sidebar of my business blog if you want to be one of the first to know. These sessions regularly sell out on the first day so if you’re not on the list, chance are you won’t get a spot.
10. Finally, would you please join our family in thinking of and praying for our neighbor Joel? Joel was diagnosed with cancer last week. The doctors will be doing surgery tomorrow morning and deciding upon the rest of his treatment plan. If you’ve been around here for long you probably realize that our neighbors are thick as thieves. In a lot of ways Joel is the glue that holds us all together and this news has been tough for all of us. Most importantly though, would you prayer for Joel, his wife Dawn, and their two young kiddos? Thanks friends.