1. School is going swimmingly for Sarah. She couldn’t be happier with her classroom and teacher. I’m looking forward to a great year for her!
2. School is going well for me too and I surprised myself by not even feeling the urge to cry at all. I’m actually quite excited about Sarah’s adventure. I’m counting down the days until Ephraim heads back to preschool on Monday as well. Expect to see a whole lot more of me around these parts come August 16th. =)
3. I’ve been volunteering in Sarah’s classroom at the end of the day each day this week to help her teacher get all the kids situated and heading in the right direction at dismissal. It makes me miss the classroom SO much.
4. It doesn’t, however, make me miss the classroom enough to take a pay cut and have my hours dictated by someone else.
5. On Facebook this week I stumbled across a couple of cool links shared by friends. First, this photo essay by James Mollison on “Where Children Sleep”. Wow. Talk about powerful juxtapose.
6. Second, a friend of mine posted this interesting blog post on Redefining the Southern Belle. Interesting food for thought for Belles and Yankees alike. (Samantha, read up.)
7. Thanks for all of your “good juju” regarding a particular set of life circumstances I sort of (but not really) mentioned in last week’s Ten on Tuesday post. Things didn’t turn out quite the way I had hoped but I’m rereading this blog post from ToT three weeks ago to ease my heart. And no, none of this has anything to do with a third Cobb baby. =)
8. We’re seeing Gillian Welch in concert this weekend. Bring on the jealousy.
9. My girl Karen Russell just saw her hubby off to Afghanistan last week. Stop by and encourage her today (and often) if you will!
10. Thank y’all for reading my silly little blog. I really, really love you.