1. It’s a crazy weather day here in Alabama. Our sunny skies have been swirling rapidly since dawn and we’re having unseasonably warm, humid weather. If you live here you know what that means: tornadoes.
2. My little worry wart has been glued to the TV since she got home from school, shouting urgent questions at me from the other room like, “Mom!!! What does ‘get a new storm tracker’ mean?!” and “Where is Hatton, Alabama? East or West?!” She’s concerned.
3. Unfortunately she gets the worrying thing honest. From both of her genetic donors. Brent’s mom took him to the doctor in the 4th grade, convinced he had an ulcer. And I spent all of 3rd and 4th grade worrying myself (literally) sick about missing the school bus.
4. There are 52 weeks in a year but somehow everything in my life seems to converge on this one every year. Sarah’s birthday is Thursday. Her party is Friday. Halloween is Sunday. I just finished 14 minisessions last Saturday which = WORK. There are pumpkin patches and costumes and birthday treats and cakes and clients and videos and paper and paper and paper all to attend to. And Ephraim’s birthday will be here in three weeks which means I better get cracking on those invitations too. Like, THIS WEEK. The trouble with this week is that it will never change. Unless I can figure out a way to move my children’s birthdays AND Jesus’ birthday (which is the cause for the holiday business rush) then I think I need to learn to live with a touch of crazy from Oct. 20-Nov. 1 every year.
5. This ToT post is going downhill fast. I better find a way to redeem it quickly…
6. WAIT! I know! A little birdie (*cough* *cough* Sharon Sossaman) sent me the sweetest gift last weekend…ANGRY BIRDS HALLOWEEN!!! Now I know what to do when I need a little diversion from this week’s madness. =)
7. Yesterday I officially hired someone to help with my Clean Color project. A Hallelujah is in order.
8. Last night Brent and I had a date to plan and shop for Sarah’s birthday party. This morning the kiddos helped me put together the goodie bags. She’s having a dance party but with the purchase of glitter glasses, glow sticks, and disco lights it may turn more rave than 5 year old birthday party. Water bottles and pacifiers anyone?
9. My half marathon is now less than 3 weeks away. Yikes?
10. Round one of minisession sneak peek pics are up over on the business blog. More coming this week from the afternoon round of sessions. My clients blew me out of the water this year with their style and their smiles!