1. I signed my tax returns at 12:30 today. But as Brent always says, “if you wait till the last minute, it only takes a minute.” So cheers to all my tax professional friends!
2. For the first time in a long time it appears we’ll be getting a refund, which will be going toward septic tank repairs at the beach house. I personally would like to let the septic just keep backing up into the yard so I can get my shop on, but Brent says no. Spoil sport.
3. Speaking of the beach house, Brent and I snuck away this past weekend to make a few more repairs to the place without kids in tow. I confirmed my suspicion that pressure washing is my kind of job. So I’m adding that to my short list of house work I don’t mind which brings the total to three: washing dishes, folding laundry and pressure washing.
5. Last week I traded in my Pontiac Vibe (sob!) and bought a new Honda Odyssey (yay!). The kids and I have had so much fun exploring all of the nooks and crannies of our new ride. I think I embarrassed them to death yesterday though when I pulled through the carpool line at school and couldn’t figure out how to open their doors for a good several minutes. Thankfully a friend emailed me later, saying she was behind me in line and that I made her Monday. Ha! I’m always available for a good laugh…at me.
6. I loved my zippy little Vibe and am sad to see her go. I think I might have been the only person in Huntsville with that particular make and color which meant I was always easily spotted. Now that I’m driving the same vehicle as every other mom in Huntsville I’m in desperate need of some personalization. Short of neon undercarriage lights or a stick figure family, what do I need to put on my new ride? Help! (Brent has already vetoed my request for a “Dog is My Co-Pilot” bumper sticker but, believe me, I tried.)
7. Did you hear about the young woman who started a new bra line for girls called Yellowberry? I’m kind of in love with this whole story/concept. And that was even before I read that one of their bras is called the “Tiny Teton.” I die. Slogan: “From the bunny hill to the Tetons, we’ve got you covered.” Brilliant. Yellowberry, here.
8. My Tuesday morning running group got rained out this morning so we’re running this evening instead. And then we’re rehydrating with wine at my house. Thanks, rain! I’ll take an evening of hanging out with my girls over a 5:20 wake up call any day of the week!
9. Stuffed peppers are on the menu tonight. Sarah Cobb’s favorite. Recipe in this old ToT post.
10. And finally, voting in The Peanut of the Year contest ends tomorrow so if you’re local, be sure to stop by The Purple Peanut and log your vote!