1. I’m a mama of three this week and I couldn’t be happier about it! My sister and brother-in-law flew in from CA to spend the weekend at my mom’s and they left my sweet niece Charlotte behind for an extra week. When Meghan comes to pick Charlotte up next week she’s going to take home an extra souvenir of her own…Pi’bears Cobb! Sarah is SO excited about having her own adventure out west with Charlotte and I’m trying to keep my mama fears at bay. I know they’re going to have a blast together!
2. I met today with a director at Huntsville’s Downtown Rescue Mission about photographing the mothers and children who live there. I am SO excited. We’ve targeted a date for mini sessions with them and I’m going to be enlisting some of you all for a bit of help with that project. Be sure to “like” the Erin Cobb Photography Facebook page if you want to know more about what I have planned for those families in the next few days!
3. Tomorrow I get to meet a new batch of precious children who will soon be featured in Alabama’s Heart Gallery. I know from last year’s experience what fun I’m going to have tomorrow and I can’t wait to see those sweet faces! And of course my friend Amy and her group of d0-gooders came through again in a big way with gift bags for each of the children. Thanks Amy! I can’t wait to see them open up their goodies!
4. In other photography related news, I jumped on the bandwagon and joined the Adobe Creative Cloud today. Not totally sure how I feel about it yet but so far so good.
5. For the next two weeks I’m taking part in my friend Julie’s TripleBraided Summer Challenge. I’m on a team of five and we get points throughout the day for achieving various wellness objectives. Today we were supposed to plank three times for 30 seconds each (no prob) and then…jump rope. I think you know how that ended. Sorry, Team.
6. I’m reading The Marriage Plot right now. I grabbed it from the library when I saw “winner of the Pulitizer Prize” on the cover. Then I got home and realized that the author was the winner, not the book. Doh. (Jeffrey Eugenides won for Middlesex which was a great book. The jury’s still out on this one.)
7. My husband is hanging out with a couple of friends right now and watching soccer on television. If his Dad finds out Brent might just get written out of the will.
8. I found Ephraim a mint condition Battleship game this weekend at the Goodwill. He’s now obsessed. Worth every penny of that dollar ninety-nine.
9. I also found a copy of The Magician’s Nephew which is chronologically the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia. Our family is almost through with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I’m now realizing we started on the wrong book!
10. Best one for last: GIVEAWAY! My friend Elizabeth Dillow asked if I’d be willing to give away a spot in Big Picture’s upcoming Phone Photography Project. Um, yes please! Especially considering my personal favorite iphone photographer the talented Miss Amy Shertzer is one of the contributors.
To enter, just drop a random comment about any of this week’s randomness. I’ll pick a winner later this week!