1. I bit it on my run this morning. Ate pavement. Busted. You can ask my running partners…it wasn’t pretty. And while I didn’t fall gracefully (at all) I did manage to somehow save all of the important joints and bones in my body so score one for me. My pride is a whole ‘nother story.
2. Speaking of running, this evening Brent and I were telling Ephraim about a 5K we ran in together last week. I told him that Brent finished a few seconds ahead of me to which Ephraim responded, “Dad! You’re supposed to take it easy on the ladies!”. Back to the women’s lib drawing board with the 7 year old I guess…
3. Speaking of equality, I was reminded last week of my disdain for the game “Guess Who”. It’s such a great concept for a logic game but the ratio of men:women in the game is insane. Like 19:5. Drives me batty. I was talking with some friends about it the other day (random, yes) and had to ask the Google why this was. I came across this article, which didn’t answer my question but did leave me feeling less alone in my war against Guess Who.
4. And yes, I clearly have time and a whole lotta pent up angst on my hands.
5. And at risk of sending this whole blog post sliding down a slippery slope of feminism, a friend of mine sent me this article and it made me laugh: The Default Parent. Enjoy.
6. I’ve become hooked on the Seven Minute Workout App. It’s not quite as addictive and mind numbing as Candy Crush (my first love) but it’s better for my abs. And believeyoume, my abs could definitely use less Candy and more Crush.
7. I finished All the Light We Cannot See last week, on the day it won the Pulitzer. Great read. Highly recommend.
8. Saturday I randomly grabbed the book The Lifeboat off the shelf at the library based on absolutely no one’s recommendation. Sometimes you just gotta go rogue. I’m about two chapters from the end and I’m wishing someone else were reading it too so I could discuss it with someone. Which makes it a good book in my opinion. Recommend.
9. The weather has finally turned toward Spring here in the South and to my surprise I think I turned into a gardener over the Winter. I’ve been planting containers of flowers, herbs and ferns like nobody’s business. And even better – I’m keeping them alive!
10. Erin Cobb: gardening, seldom-blogging, dog-loving, coffee drinker. Huh. Wonders never cease.