1. So much to report today. Starting with…Happy Mardi Gras! While I missed the Huntsville Mardi Gras parade this weekend, my Krewe caused quite the kerfuffle and got themselves thrown out. Not even kidding. Read the article. (For the record, they actually were following the rules. Read the article.)
2. While my Krewe was getting the boot (they don’t call us the Krewe of Nyx for nothing), I was running the Seaside Half Marathon. I swear that “flat and fast” race was uphill both ways. Official time: 2:00:09. What I wouldn’t do to have those ten seconds of walking back.
3. On the way to the race I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with 911 as I followed a drunk going the wrong way down the highway. I was flashing my lights and honking my horn like a wild woman the entire time, trying to warn the poor people driving head on into him. It was terrifying. In the end no one was hurt and after filling out a quick police report I still made my race.
4. I think I’ve been bragging here about my friend Amy Jackson for years. One of our local news stations finally let the cat out of the bag this week about how awesome she is. Love her heart. Love her.
5. Speaking of friends, my friend Jackie sent me a link to this article that pretty much nails my thoughts on friendship these days. And for the record, Amy and Jackie both totally make that list.
6. Last week Sarah came home and told me that she did really hard math at school that day: Deuterometry. Poor little thing has her shapes and her Old Testament rules wires crossed.
7. Today Ephraim asked me to put his dirty socks in his camper. “You know, I sometimes call it my laundry basket?” It’s a hamper, buddy, a hamper.
8. Lent starts tomorrow and instead of giving something up I’m joining my friend Julie’s wellness challenge. The challenge starts tomorrow but if you hurry you can still join us!
9. My dad came over for dinner tonight, babysat my kids and did the dishes. SCORE! (Thanks Dad.)
10. Happy Mardi Gras friends! Let’s all say a silent prayer that all those souls on Bourbon Street find their way home tonight. Cheers!