1. Watching the World Series as I write. Go Giants.
2. Really, I don’t have a dog in this World Series fight, hence the lack of an exclamation mark. But my California fam roots heavily for the Giants so I’d love to see them win.
3. Friday I’m headed to Louisville with a few of my running girlfriends for the Urban Bourbon half marathon. Hopefully Saturday night we’ll be celebrating a successful race and the 40th birthday of one of our crew. Any locals have a fabulous restaurant recommendation for us?
4. I’ve just spent the last 15 minutes comparing the elevation map of the race to elevation maps of previous runs and races. Hold me. Kentucky ain’t flat y’all.
5. This afternoon we spent a couple of hours at Tate Farm with our friends the Bakers for the 8th year in a row. I love a good tradition. And this one is the epitome of good. I wondered out loud on the way home how long the kids would continue to humor us with this yearly trek. Brent says he’s forcing the issue until they’re 18.
6. As if they knew I was becoming nostalgic for their itty bitty years, the kids (ours + two Baker children) began an in-depth dissection of the tooth fairy issue. There was much comparison about how much money each of their friends received from ol’ T.F., with Sarah solidly declaring that her Tooth Fairy was “lazy” since she only gets a “plain old dollar”.
7. Meanwhile, Ephraim (who turns 7 next month) would be thrilled to get that coveted plain old dollar…poor kid still hasn’t lost his first tooth.
8. The sessions with the kids from Heart Gallery Alabama went so well last week. I can’t wait to see their faces up on the website. Somehow the kids manage to break my heart and give me hope all at the same time. Funny how that works. Want to know more about life as a child in foster care? Read this.
9. Disclaimer: Don’t read that in public. Or at work. Or anywhere where it’s not socially acceptable to cry.
10. Happy Tuesday, friends. See you next week.