1. It was gently pointed out to me yesterday that it’s been ten-ish weeks since my last ToT post. I was shocked. It was never my intention to stop blogging. But somehow I did. Oops.
2. Life here is good. It’s rich and wonderful, in fact. And the kids are getting big enough to tell their own stories. I’m hearing lots and lots of “don’t talk about me!” around these parts, which has probably contributed to my hesitancy to share as much publicly. I think I can find a balance though. I’ll try, at least.
3. After a week of Fall Break in California yesterday officially kicked off portrait photographer busy season. I love it so much. It’s about 8 weeks of pure crazy but being involved in the lives of so many wonderful families just makes my heart swell. I’m so thankful for this work that I do.
4. Speaking of this work that I do, I’ll be photographing 22 children on Thursday who are in the foster care system and hoping to find forever families. I’ve done this in conjunction with Heart Gallery Alabama for the last three years and it’s always such a wonderful, hopeful experience. I can’t wait to meet the new kiddos on Thursday! And, in typical awesome fashion, a ground swell of Huntsville friends have come forward to provide the most incredible gift bags for the kids. I can’t wait to see their faces when they arrive!
5. I posted a very sternly worded admonition to my friends via Facebook and Instagram yesterday regarding a new book series I’ve started reading. Outlander. The admonition was basically a “Dear John” to any of my friends who knew about these books and never told me. The copyright date was 1992 people! There’s simply no excuse for me having lived 20+ years beyond that date without knowing about these books.
6. Another thing that I’ve apparently missed the boat on? Jason Isbell. Y’all, my mother had to introduce me to his music. Now, I have an uber cool mother, but still. My mother. Clue me in people. I feel betrayed by my generation. And for that, I may not even tell you how awesome his concert is sure to be when I see him live in Nashville on October 26th. With my mother.
7. My children are officially on their birthday countdowns. Sarah has 14 days left until NINE and Ephraim has 38 days left until SEVEN. I die. Also, Sarah has officially changed her birthday wish from a mermaid tail to a slew of American Girl doll clothing (for herself) to include thirty eight dollar leggings. Um, try again sister. Mama only buys leggings at Target. On sale.
8. For the first time in our six Halloweens as a family of four, the Cobbs will be rocking the group costume this year. Specifically, the Super Mario group costume. We’ll have Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach and a dog disguised as Yoshi. Just wait until you see my ground pound. (And while we’re on the subject…anybody have a couple pair of overalls that might fit a 34 year old woman and 6 year old boy cleverly disguised as Mario and Luigi?)
9. Is it Fall yet where you live? I wore boots today for the first time this season, albeit a bit prematurely. Short boots, tall boots or booties for you? I say all three.
10. Happy Tuesday friends. See you in ten more weeks…
Share on Facebook