1. Thank you guys for your encouragement about yesterday’s post. Some of you may know that I have previously not been the biggest animal fan and that I have a checkered past involving a certain beta fish. BUT. Y’all. This dog has brought me to the light. I am IN LOVE WITH HIM. I’m five days into pet ownership and already wondering how I got through 33 years of my life without him. (Yes, it’s that ridiculous. Ask Brent.)
2. And for those astute readers who noticed Brent was taking a video as he walked out to surprise the kiddos, here you go!
3. In other Tigger news, he was neutered today per the terms of his adoption. This surgery (and the resulting wound) prompted more questions from the kids than I was prepared to answer – especially after half a glass of wine - so I did my best on the spot. Suffice it to say that the conversation ended with one of my children recapping the entire reproductive process with, “so it’s like the mommies and daddies do a big belly bump?”. Uh, sure. Yeah, something like that.
4. Changing the subject (thank goodness, right?): My friend LeeLee (who operates my fave restaurant EVER, Lyn’s Gracious Goodness) will be battling it out this Sunday night on Alton Brown’s hit show Cutthroat Kitchen. How amazing is that?! Word on the street is that she’s got a Sarah Cobb original Rainbow Loom bracelet stuffed in her back pocket during the episode too. I can’t wait to see how it all plays out! Check out LeeLee Sunday night on the Food Network (10/9c) and I guarantee you’ll fall in love with her just like I have!
5. At dinner this evening I took the kids for a walk down memory lane…back to the days when M&M’s came in light brown and not blue. They were astounded. Seriously, they looked at me like I’d just told them that cars weren’t a thing when I was a child. I think they were even more impressed when I relayed the story of allowing my babysitting charges to dial that M&M voting hotline over and over to vote on the new M&M color of their choices. Does anyone else remember that? The year was 1995…
6. Anybody want a free hamster? Sarah said she’d sell him and all his accoutrements for $20…but I say he’s free. I’ll spot you the 20. Hit me up. =)
7. With T-two weeks to Christmas I ordered my cards today, thanks to the talent of Ms. Amy Shertzer who took our family picture at the beach this Summer. The card may or may not also include a doggie birth announcement on the back…
8. Speaking hashtags…we’re trading in our #cobbsonatrain for #cobbsonabus. And more accurately, #cobbsonaGUSbus. Did I say War Eagle? Cobbs are headed to Pasadena for the National Championship game to cheer on our Auburn Tigers!!!
9. In a fit of excitement and fandom last Saturday night Brent and I jumped right on the internets to book our flight to Pasadena as Ohio State fell to Michigan State. It wasn’t until the following day that I realized tickets into the actual stadium would be much, much more expensive then merely hopping on a flight out west. So we may end up at a high dollar tailgate instead. But one way or another we’ll be cheering on our Tigers out West! Anybody have a couple of face value(ish) tickets they want to unload? Please? I’ll trade you for a hamster…
10. And as long as we’ll be out that way I thought I’d take a couple of sessions in the LA area. So if you want a couple three dozen updated portraits of your family and kiddos loving on each other in SoCal, I’m your girl! I have TWO spots available on January 7th and they’re first come, first serve so get in touch! (erin at erincobb dot com)