1. Our family celebrated tonight’s last swim meet of the season with an impromptu late evening trip to the Waffle House. We even played a little Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber on the jukebox. Parenthood, we have arrived.
2. Not to belabor the point but it really is so amazing to me when I see our kids swimming confidently through the water. Sarah in particular since she’s been at it longer. They’re not championship swimmers by a long shot but I’m so proud of all the skills they’ve acquired over the last several years thanks to their own hard work and the dedication of their coaches. They can both swim laps around me! I think I ought to start making good on my investment and paying them to give me a few lessons.
3. Today is my niece Charlotte’s 8th birthday. Happy Birthday my sweet Char!!! We can’t wait to celebrate with you in person later this month.
4. It also happens to be our dog Tigger’s randomly selected 2nd birthday, according to the kids. We smuggled a piece of sausage out of the Waffle House for him. Happy Birthday Tiggs M’Giggs.
5. The winner of Best Thing I Read on the Internet This Week goes to this blog post, without question. Preach.
6. A close runner up (but too serious to take the win) is this New York Times article which investigates the phenomenon of “cool” teens turing into struggling adults. I often encourage the girls I loosely mentor to embrace their inner geek…and most certainly to embrace the geeks around them. They’re the ones that are going places. Finally some evidence to back up my theory.
7. Ephraim told me tonight that I am 1% better at bedtime tuck-in then Daddy. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the 1%.
8. Found on a “Spy Notebook” today:
Apparently it was a slow news day at our house. Thank goodness the agents didn’t overhear what I had to say about Leviticus…
9. My dear friend Amy Shertzer just returned to the States from a whirlwind trip to Spain with her hubby. Sadly, she realized once she returned home to LA that she had left her camera bag (with 8K worth of equipment!) on one of her connecting planes. Needless to say, she’s devastated. She has so many good people sending so many good vibes out for her right now that I just know it’s going to work out. But still. Trauma.
10. The good news is that Amy also seriously knows her way around an iPhone, and that’s not missing. In fact, she’ll be part of a workshop coming up with Big Picture Classes that will help you with all the ins and outs of your own handiest little camera. Amy has generously offered to let me give a class away here, and since blog comments are all but extinct on this ol’ blog (no hard feelings…swear!) I’m just going to give it to the first person that says they’re interested. So let me know if that’s YOU and I’ll hook you up with Amy. =) Happy Tuesday!